Monday, January 28, 2013

[Week 4] Infographic Storyboard

Purpose/Goal

Suggest ways to create comfortable environment for Asian Girls.

Type of Infographic

Make an argument / influence a behavior.

Title

"Suggestions on How to Bring Asian Girls Comfort"

Narrative Description of Content

Key Information

Keywords associated with comfort and discomfort for Asian girls.

Data

Keywords associated with comfort and discomfort retrieved from interviews with three Asian graduate students in the School of Education. Particularly, I asked two main questions during the interview:
  1. How do you define comfort?
  2. Please recall and describe in detail a specific recent incident in which you experienced comfort.
I, of course, got the consent agreement to use the data for this infographic assignment from the three girls I interviewed.

Imagery/Wireframe

Following the suggestion of a Lynda.com tutorial named Infographics: Planning and Wireframing, I created the Wireframe using Photoshop.



Narrative Description of Design and Sketches of the Functional Areas

Message Design

  • Title will be written on the top in order to clearly inform what kind of information will be learned by this infographic.
  • Comfort words will be listed middle-left half.
  • Discomfort words will be listed middle-right half.
  • Information on where these words came from will be written on the bottom part of the infograph.

Visual Design

  • Because the infographic is geared toward girls, I would use colors that tend to be associated with girls for primary for such as the color of title.
  • Because all the three girls associate comfort with privateness, the background of the left side of the infograph where comfort words will be listed will be drown a picture of room environment.
  • The background of the right side of the infographic where discomfort words will be listed will be drown a picture of outside environment.
  • Information on where these words came from is not the main point of the info graph, so the text size of this information will not be so big.

Representation & Organization

  • Since the infographic does not describe something concrete, but it informs conceptual things, accuracy of the images would not be prioritized. Rather, it would be important to show simple and easy-to-understand images because infographic is not something should take time to learn.
  • In order to assure quick understanding of the contents, the clarity of the representation should be high. For example, I would draw a picture of person who is smiling and being happy in the left comfort area while I would draw a picture of person who is in rush, one of discomfort word, in the right discomfort area.
  • There would be no learner involvement. All they would do is to learn the information conveyed by the infographic.

Resources and Constraints

  • I have some skills of creative software. I attended the workshop of "Photoshop CS6: The Basics," and have knowledge on latest Photoshop.
  • Because the infographic conveys "Suggestions on How to Bring Asian Girls Comfort" based on the interviews just with three girls, I should be careful not to mislead the audience to feel that the information of the infographic would be applicable for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment