Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Summary of the Feedback I Received

  • The abstract talks about the problem. The introduction session does not talk about the problem.
  • Check out competencies of designers. Look at Randa's reference!
  • I'm interested in how graphic designers make design decision. I need to cite more design decision literature.
  • My literature is outdated. I need to cite more recent literature.
  • Address concepts in visual design such as balance. That would frame my research.
  • Address visual design principles and describe them. Cite studies which support them.
  • As I do observations, I would see which principles or concepts I'd like to focus on.
  • The difference between graphic design and visual design is not clear.
  • Who is the target audience of the study? (I'm writing this paper for researchers)
  • The description of the number of participants is not clear. Who are the primary and secondary participants?
  • The difference between observation and shadowing is not clear.
  • Will you use analysis of care? I need to identify which analysis strategy I would use.
  • I wrote too many research questions. Which one is the focus of the study?
  • The relationship between media developers and stakeholders is good research question.
  • However, regarding the literature I have, the research question of which principles they use seem to be more appropriate.
  • Which aspects of the reality of the graphic designers I want to know? It seems I want to know how they make decisions with given constrains.
  • How the data will help me answer the research questions?
  • The media developers might have principles in their minds, even if they do not explicitly use something.
  • What did they learn in the courses they took?
  • What do I expect to find? What do I expect the answers to the research questions would be?
  • Do I try to evaluate their design? (NOOOO!!!!! I just want to know realities of designers.)
  • How many people I would observe? The description is not clear.
  • How did I able to get such an old literature!!?? It seems that I need to go back to the future!
  • Use Google Scholar and EBSCO.

No comments:

Post a Comment